- Contest Details
- Add Photos
- Review and Pay
APA Los Angeles 2018 Off The Clock - Call for Entries
APA LA's 7th Annual Off The Clock Personal Work Exhibition Call for Entries with guest curator is Laurie Kratochvil
APA LA OFF THE CLOCK 2018
CALL FOR ENTRIES OPENS: Jan 1, 2018
CALL FOR ENTRIES FINAL DEADLINE: Feb 9, 2018
APA LA OFF THE CLOCK EXHIBITION OPENING: April 21, 2018
APA LA is pleased to announce the seventh annual 2018 OFF THE CLOCK curated photo competition and exhibit. OFF THE CLOCK is the pre-eminent opportunity to present your inspired personal photography to the world. Each year APA LA invites a well-respected, influential visionary from the international photo community to contribute their talent towards curating this prestigious exhibition. This year we are honored that Elizabeth Laurie Kratochvil has accepted our invitation to apply her unique vision in carefully selecting her top one-hundred images from all submissions.
Once the selects have been made, the fun begins with your work gaining unprecedented exposure among the leading advertising, publishing and graphics firms in the country.
First, all selected work will be matted, framed and featured during the much-anticipated industry-wide gala opening reception blowout. The guest list for this gala reception includes prominent members of the advertising, publishing and graphics industries–with special invitations sent to top creatives in the Southern California region. Then, after the opening gala reception, the selected framed images will be shown in rotating exhibitions among multiple leading Southern California advertising agencies throughout the summer of 2018. Agencies include Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles, Ignited, RPA, and David & Goliath. To further expose your work to the industry, we will display the complete exhibition on our website for a full year, so your finest personal work will be available to thousands more clients, globally.
SHOW YOUR FINEST PERSONAL WORK
OFF THE CLOCK is easy to enter with no confusing categories, no image series and no creation date restrictions. The most important parameter is that your submitted work should be strong, original, creative and truly personal. Entries may be black and white, duotone, or color, and should be self-commissioned and must represent what you consider to be your finest personal work. Our easy-to-use online submission interface allows you to enter as many images as you like! What are you waiting for? Give it your best shot. Show the world your personal vision.
Note: Alternative print processes (copper plate, tin type, etc.) are acceptable with an additional framing fee. The curator will limit the number of selects from any one entrant to a maximum of six.
APA Member Entry Fee: $20 per image
APA Non Member Entry Fees: $40 per image
By entering The APA Off The Clock Curated Exhibit, Entrants:
1. Warrant to APA LA that they have created and own the work submitted (including all elements of the work) and that nothing within any work has been copied or added from another person’s work.
2. Warrant that the whole copyright and any other form of intellectual property right in the work is vested in them.
3. Warrant that they have not in any way assigned, licensed, disposed of, or otherwise encumbered any of their rights which allow them to deal freely with the work and the copyright therein.
4. Warrant that they have obtained model or property releases from any persons and/or property owners requiring such, featured in their submitted photographs allowing publication in any and all media forms.
5. Agree that their work may be exhibited or shown during APA sponsored events, as well as on the APA website and APA promotional materials, allowing for the photographer to retain complete control over the licensing and sale of their work.
6. Agree that APA may reproduce and may allow reproduction of winning images in APA approved publications. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image(s) used.
7. Acknowledge that APA relies fully upon the warranties and license given by Entrants when submitting their entries for consideration to The APA Off The Clock Curated Exhibit. Entrants indemnify and hold APA harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant Entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorized to allow publication and reproduction of the work by APA.
8. APA LA reserves the right to disqualify any winner not providing the required personal information, headshot, and/or winning image in the requested file format and size within two weeks of APA's request via the contact information supplied by the entrant. Replacement winners will be selected at the curator's discretion.
9. Curating is a blind process. Photographer's names will only be disclosed to the Curator after the curating process has been completed. The decision of the Curator of the competition shall be final and binding.
10. Entrants retain full copyright to their images and grant no usage to APA LA other than those granted herein. APA LA, the Sponsors, or Venues showing an exhibition of winners shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any entry. Submission of an entry to the competition automatically constitutes the contestant's acceptance of all conditions set forth in the above rules. It also acknowledges the right of APA LA to use the photographer's likeness and information, as well as the winning images, in exhibitions and promotions, in any and all forms of print, electronic and digital media, related to APA Off The Clock Curated Exhibit for up to 24 months following the 2018 Competition winners announcement.
11. Deadline for entries is FEBRUARY 9, 2018. Entry fees cannot be refunded, once submitted.
12. Winners will announced on/or about April 2, 2018
- Personal Work