2017 Members Only Portfolio Reviews
Photographer, Greg Heisler discusses the biggest mistake he made in business:
The biggest mistake I made in business - I didn’t really ever appreciate how much it’s a relationship based business, I actually thought photography was a meritocracy, where if your pictures are good that's all that matters. And, I was wrong...
So – what's the one thing, that if you did it more regularly, would have the most positive impact on your career and business? At APA Chicago we believe investing more time building relationships with creative decision-makers will deliver the biggest results for your career. To that end, we are assembling 10-15 reviewers from agency creative departments to review member portfolios. Getting face time with art producers and creatives is challenging and time consuming so APA Chicago is making the process a little easier. Register for this event and start the relationship building process today.
- Angela Harkens, Senior Art Producer at Upshot
- Liz Miller-Gershfeld, VP, Art Buying Manager, Energy BBDO
- Christen James, Art Producer at mcgarrybowen
- Laura Laube, Senior Art Buyer at FCB Chicago
- Sheryl Long, Senior Art Producer at Havas Worldwide
- Heidi Ludvik, Art Buyer/Print Production Mgr at Intouch Solutions
- Lisa Kunst, Senior Producer, Leo Burnett USA
- Kimber Leigh Nussbaum, Senior Art Buyer, Freelance
- Molly Reilly, Senior Art Producer at DDB
- Haley Silverman, Art & Content Producer at Y&R Chicago
All Reviewers listed have agreed to review APA member portfolios on October 3 based their availability. We are in the process of securing the last few reviewers.
How Reviews Work
- Registered photographers will receive portfolio reviews with their three (3) hand-selected agency buyers/creatives lasting 15 minutes each.
- On September 25, 2017 registered photographers will receive the final Reviewer list (based on Reviewer availability).
- Photographers will rank reviewers on a scale of 1-10. Reviewers they most want to meet with will get a 1, 2,3, through 10.
- Photographers will return their rankings to APA by Thursday, September 28, 2017.
- APA Chicago will complete photographer review schedules in the order of registrations. The earlier you register for the Portfolio Reviews the better the chance you will get your top three (3) choices.
- Photographers will receive their Review schedule on Tuesday, September 27, 2017.
- Even if a photographer doesn't receive their top three (3) Reviewers you will have the opportunity to network with the Reviewers.
APA members at the Leader, Professional or Associate level may register to attend this event. Not an APA member? To attend this event join APA at the Associate level or above.