Latin American Fotografia 8 Call For Entries
American Illustration-American Photography (AI-AP), producers of the leading juried annuals in North America, announces its 8th annual competition to honor the best work being created today in Latin America. AI-AP, well-known for 38 years as a respected resource for art directors, designers, photo editors, art buyers and publishers, presents established, emerging and student Latino illustrators and photographers to the North American market - and vice versa - in a global, multi-cultural exchange of art and ideas.
Latin American Fotografía and Ilustración 8 (LAF-LAI), will be judged by an international jury of top creatives who commission illustration and photography for use in magazines, advertising, books, posters, packaging, promotion, and video. Unpublished, fine art and student work is also eligible.
The collection of the winning Latin American Fotografía and Ilustración 8 images will be presented in the following ways:
- A gallery exhibit, “LOS DIEZ”, presented by Epson at the annual American Illustration-American Photography launch party on November 7, 2019.
- Slideshow announcement to AI-AP's 30,000 global email subscribers in September 2019.
- Exclusive, searchable web gallery in the Archive at ai-ap.com. Images will include artist’s contact, caption and creative credits.
- “LOS DIEZ” show catalogue distributed to the winners and attendees at the gallery events produced by Epson.
- Artist profiles in Dispatches From Latin America featured in Pro Photo Daily and DART, AI-AP’s popular newsletters with over 33,000 subscribers. Check that out here.
- One of the winners of LAF8 will receive a scholarship to do one of the workshops taught at the MOTIVARTE Photography School in Buenos Aires ARGENTINA. Does not include passage or accommodation. (Winner could choose an ONLINE workshop).
- All winners of LAF8 will receive a 50% discount on one of the ONLINE photography courses taught at the Escuela de Fotografía MOTIVARTE.
- SELECTED winners of LAF8 will have the opportunity to present their work at the acclaimed PROJECTIONS event produced by The Photocloser. These are held monthly in New York City and are attended by creative photographers and other industry allies. The November event will take place on November 6, the day before the annual AI-AP Party, and will have a Latin theme.
- Exhibition at Photoville 2020 in Brooklyn, NY presented by Epson.
- Promoted on our social media pages with over 73,000 followers.