Homepage image courtesy of APA member Nick Hall - appears in the 2018 APA Sourcebook
Cover photo 01 APA Sourcebook by Freddy Fabris
The APA Sourcebook uses the power of print and the APA brand to connect with Art Buyers, Art Producers, and Photo Editors. We believe that photographers should use as many different channels as possible to showcase their talent to potential buyers. The APA Sourcebook provides an additional opportunity to be seen by people who hire photographers.
We know that increasing your marketing effort will help drive business growth.
APA provides a full page to its Leader and Professional members at no charge.
For those who want to stand out more, an additional page can be purchased for $500.
Deadline for submission in the APA 2019 Sourcebook is October 9, 2018.
A single page features one image and the two-page spread features one or two images from the photographer.
©Stewart Cohen (left), ©Dana Neibert (right)
©Tim Griffith. Single image, two-page spread upgrade ($500)
Each page includes one image, the photographers name and web address. There is no additional text on the page.
APA photographer members at the Leader or Professional level can login to your MyAPA account, download the Sourcebook Guidelines, and follow the instructions to submit your image to the Sourcebook.
It's easy to join or upgrade your membership and take advantage of this offer.
If you're not a member this is a great time to join APA. By joining at the Leader or Professional level you will gain instant access to submit your image in our Sourcebook that will be sent to hundreds of agency creatives.
You can view the previous editions through Blurb.
APA Leader and Professional members can log on to their account and download a PDF with templates and information.
When you submit your image -PLEASE keep in mind:
1. Each page is one single photograph without any added text
2. Name your image with your name
3. Photo must be in CMYK
Here are some quick answers to questions you may have:
- To qualify, you must be a Leader or Professional APA photographer member.
- You must still be a Leader or Professional APA member when the book is distributed (May 2019)
- You must own the copyright to the image
- APA maintains the right to not include any submission for any reason.
- Copies of the book are sent to people who hire photographers. Unfortunately, in order to keep costs down (since we are providing the page at no charge), we do not send a copy of the book to the photographers.
- The page template will provide the image area. We suggest using a vertical image for maximum coverage, but you may provide any size, shape image that fits in the image area.