- Contest Details
- Add Photos
- Review and Pay
2018 APA Awards
We have big prizes, big exposure, big recognition for winners this year. Now is the time to go big and enter your best image(s) in our annual contest.
- Submission Deadlines
- Reasons to Enter
- Entry Fees
- What to Know
- Image Guidelines
- Submission Guidelines
Gabriel Nivera image for Visit Faroe Islands was selected best of show in our 2017 APA Awards contest.
This year we have all new categories, with more chances to be featured in our awards annual publication. We have increased the number of categories and the structure is wide open for you to submit all your favorite images. And, our awards publication will feature more images from more deserving photographers than any previous year. We believe these changes represent a step forward helping seasoned and up-and-coming photographers get serious recognition by APA, industry peers and the creative buying community.
- Entry deadline will be June 28th.
- After June 28th all entries increase by $10 per entry
The APA Awards is one of the most respected photo contests for professional photographers.
Connection to people who can hire you
- Selected images to be included in a 2-page spread in Lürzer's Archive 2018
- A gallery showcasing winning images will be viewable online for two years
- A selection of winners will be included in a promotional mailing and sent to select art buyers and photo editors across the country
- An acclaimed panel of Judges will be viewing your work
Easy, secure entering process
- Entering is simple, reliable and secure
- We’ve lowered the entry fee so you can enter more images
- There is no limit on number of images you enter
Feel good - proceeds help advance APA's core mission of protecting photographers' rights so you can feel good about entering!
- APA Members (Leader level) - $15 / entry
- APA Members (Professional level) - $20 / entry
- APA Members (Associate level) - $25 / entry
- APA Members (Supporter level) $25 / entry
- APA Members (Contributor level) - $30 / entry
- Non APA Member Entry Fee: $50 / entry (not a member? Join first and save)
- You do not need to be an APA member, but APA members receive a discount on each entry
- APA members receive a discount based on their membership level
- Images are assigned an arbitrary ID for "blind" judging
- A single entry is one image
- There is no limit on the number entries that can be submitted
- The same image can be entered in more than one category
- There is no restriction on when the entry images were created
- The decision of the judges of the competition shall be final and binding
- Entry fees are non refundable
- Winners will be notified in August and officially announced in September
- APA does not accept responsibility or warrant any product being delivered by a sponsor.
- Any applicable tax, due on the awarding of prizes, will be the sole responsibility of the winner(s)
- Prizes and the Awards book are shipped to U.S. addresses only
- Images that won previously in the APA Awards will not be included
- Image size is for judging only, a larger file size will be required for images selected
- Single image entries only
- Images should have no text that is not part of the image
- All files must be .jpg format
- File size limit 10MB
- Image size no smaller than 1200 pixels on the long side and no larger than 1800
- Color profile is sRGB, image resolution 72ppi
- Do not include symbols (©, ®, •, $) in the file name as it can corrupt the file (note that the image file name is not visible to the judges). Please use letters and numbers only.
- APA members login to apanational.org using your APA credentials
- Non-members can enter images into the contest by creating a guest account
- The system will automatically charge you based on your membership level. Not already an APA member? Join first or upgrade your membership level to save on each entry
- Once you have completed the transaction your submission is final and you will not be able to edit your images
- You may request to void a submission but the entry fee will not be refunded
- You can return to your APA account at any time to review your entries
- You may submit additional images until the deadline
- Images that have won an APA Award previously (viewable on APAnational.org/awards) if submitted, will not be included in judging
- You will receive an email confirmation upon entering (if you do not receive a confirmation email contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fine Art/Personal
- Still Life/ Food