- Contest Details
- Add Photos
- Review and Pay
APA Chicago - 2021 Artist’s Perspective - Call for Entries
Tracey Woods, DJ Webb, and Julie Maxham curates APA Chicago's 8th Annual Artist's Perspective Personal Work Exhibition. Open to all photographers, enter today.
- Personal work makes a statement
- Meet the judges
- Top reasons to enter
- Entry fees
- Contest rules
- Submission guidelines
- 2021 Virtual Exhibition Night
Tracey Woods, DJ Webb, and Julie Maxham curates APA Chicago’s 8th Annual Artist’s Perspective Personal Work Exhibition.
Submission deadline: March 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
APA Chicago is holding our 8th Annual Artist’s Perspective Personal Work Exhibition culminating with a one-night virtual gallery opening on Thursday, April 8, 2021. We are excited and proud to announce that DJ Webb, Julie Maxham, and Tracey Woods will be curating this year’s exhibition. These creative professionals are strong advocates for original photography and photographers throughout their accomplished careers.
This is a personal work exhibition and is open to all photographers - professionals, enthusiasts, and amateurs. And, APA members and non-members.
Our numerous interviews with agency creatives, we've learned the most effective way to break through and get noticed is with a well-conceived and executed personal assignment. Personal projects give photographers the chance art direct their vision—taking a blank sheet of paper and making it their own. Agency creatives rely on a photographer’s personal work as insight into their world view. At APA Chicago, our annual competition celebrates the best in personal photographic work.
- Tracey Woods, Artist + Photo Director. Tracey is a creator at heart. Armed with over a decade of experience in photoshoot production, creative direction, and photo research, Woods most recently served as Photo Director at Essence Communications. Her selected client roster includes Revlon, Bulova, L’Oreal, General Mills, Verizon, and Bon Appétit and InStyle magazines.
- DJ Webb, Creative Director. DJ first started his career as a courtroom artist in his hometown of Richmond, Va. At that time, he never imagined the talented individuals, teams, and clients he would encounter through the arts of advertising and design. The brand worked on include: U.S. Army, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Samsung, Verizon, OfficeMax, United States Postal Service, State Farm, and more.
- Julie Maxham, Photo + Motion Producer. Julie is a seasoned art producer currently freelancing at AbelsonTaylor in Chicago. Past agencies include FCB Chicago, VMLY&R, VSA + Partners, O’Keefe Reinhard & Paul, Cutwater, TBWA/CHIAT/DAY and Venables, Bell and Partners. She has produced shoots for Clorox, Cox Communications, IBM, Harley Davidson, Goose Island Beer, Leica, Nissan and Tyson Foods to name a few. Prior to art production, Julie worked with the photo rep Sarah Laird, The Howard Greenberg Gallery, the Annie Leibovitz Studio and Aperture in NYC.
- Superb opportunity to advance your career, display your own photographic style.
- Our 8th annual personal work photo exhibition.
- APA members receive a 50% discount on every image entered.
- Online Gallery of the exhibit will be up for all of 2021 and beyond.
- Top placed images proactively promoted to agency creatives via email.
- Simple, reliable, secure online entry procedure, through the APA National website.
- No limit to the number of images you can enter.
- No date-created limitations.
- APA members: $15 (members save $15 per entry)
- Non-members: $30
Submission deadline: February 28, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Not an APA member? Now is a great time to join APA and receive a 50% discount on each image you enter.
Current APA member looking to upgrade your membership contact: email@example.com.
- Only digital images and payments are accepted, through our online entry process.
- A single entry is one image.
- There is no limit on the number of single entries submitted.
- You may not win for an image that has been a winning selection in a previous Artist's Perspective competition.
- There is no restriction on when the entry images were created.
By entering the 2021 Artist’s Perspective Annual Photo Competition, Entrants:
- Warrant to APA Chicago that they have created and own the work submitted (including all elements of the work) and that nothing within any work has been copied or added from another person’s work.
- Warrant that the whole copyright and any other form of intellectual property right in the work is vested in them.
- Warrant that they have not in any way assigned, licensed, disposed of, or otherwise encumbered any of their rights, which allow them to deal freely with the work and the copyright therein.
- Warrant that they have obtained model or property releases from any persons and/or property owners requiring such, featured in their submitted photographs allowing publication in any and all media forms.
- Agree that their work may be exhibited or shown during APA sponsored events, as well as on the APA website and APA promotional materials, allowing for the photographer to retain complete control over the licensing and sale of their work.
- Agree that APA may reproduce and may allow reproduction of winning images in APA approved publications. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image(s) used.
- Acknowledge that APA Chicago relies fully upon the warranties and license given by Entrants when submitting their entries for consideration to the 2021 Artist’s Perspective Annual Photo Competition. Entrants indemnify and hold APA Chicago harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs, and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant Entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorized to allow publication and reproduction of the work by APA.
- APA Chicago reserves the right to disqualify any winner not providing the required personal information, headshot, and/or winning image in the requested file format and size within one week of APA Chicago’s request via the contact information supplied by the entrant. Replacement winners will be selected at the judge's discretion.
- Judging is a blind process. Photographer's names will only be disclosed to the jurors after the judging process has been completed. The decision of the judges of the competition shall be final and binding.
- Entrants retain full copyright to their images and grant no usage to APA Chicago other than those granted herein. APA Chicago, the Sponsors, or Venues showing an exhibition of winners shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any entry. Submission of an entry to the competition automatically constitutes the contestant's acceptance of all conditions set forth in the above rules. It also acknowledges the right of APA Chicago to use the photographer's likeness and information, as well as the winning images, in exhibitions and promotions, in any and all forms of print, electronic and digital media, related to the APA Chicago Annual Photo Competitions for up to 24 months following the 2021 Competition winners’ announcement.
- Entry fees cannot be refunded once submitted.
- Winners will be announced on about March 12, 2021.
Please read contest terms and then follow these guidelines carefully to ensure proper submission of your entries.
- APA member's can login using their APA credentials. Non-members can enter images into the contest by creating a guest account with business name, email address and password.
- A single image entry is one image.
- Please note, this year there is no "series" category - only single images.
- You can upload as many images as you would like during the process.
- All files must be jpgs, no smaller than 1200 pixels on the longest side, and at most 1800 pixels, 72 ppi, sRGB color profile, with no visible identifying text/symbols.
- Image files need no unique title by the entrant; they are assigned an arbitrary ID for "blind" judging.
- You'll see a preview of your images.
- We have only one (1) category "Personal Work.".
- Preview your submission.
- Pay fees, receive confirmation
- Once you have paid, your submission is final and you will not be able to edit your images.
- You can return to your account to enter more images.
Our virtual exhibition night is scheduled for Thursday, April 8, 2021, from 7:00 - 11:00 PM. We will be utilizing modern digital technology to virtually host our exhibition where registered guests can view all the winning images and interact with other guests. We will begin taking registrations to attend our virtual Exhibition Night on March 12, 2021.
- Personal Work
- Log in
- Look-Up Account
- APA LA Off The Clock 2021 - Call for Entries: Information Exceptional Exposure Show Your Finest Personal Work Contest Rules Entry Fees Submission Guidelines Upload Guidelines Categories
- APA Chicago - 2021 Artist’s Perspective - Call for Entries: Information Personal work makes a statement Meet the judges Top reasons to enter Entry fees Contest rules Submission guidelines 2021 Virtual Exhibition Night Categories