Click the image to download the 2024 Submission Guidelines. The Guidelines include downloadable PSD templates to prepare your file at the correct dimensions. Photo by Brad Feinkopf.
APA photographer members at the Leader or Professional level can use the power of the APA brand to connect with Art Buyers, Art Producers, and Photo Editors. Photographers should use as many channels as possible to showcase their talent to potential buyers. The APA Sourcebook provides an additional opportunity to be seen by people who hire photographers. We know that increasing your exposure will help drive business growth.
- Download the 2024 Sourcebook Guidelines (1.5 MB). Use the Photoshop template provided.
- APA provides a complimentary single page to our Leader and Professional photographer members. For those who want to stand out more, a two-page spread can be purchased for $500.
It’s easy to join or upgrade your membership and take advantage of this offer. Not an APA member at the Leader or Professional level? To upgrade your membership, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a great time to join APA if you're not a member. By joining at the Leader or Professional level, you will gain instant access to submit your image in our Sourcebook, which will be sent to hundreds of agency creatives.
How the Sourcebook program works
A single page features is one image, and the two-page spread upgrade can feature one image or two images. Below are images placed in previous Sourcebooks.
Photo by Stewart Cohen (left) and Dana Neibert (right).
Photo by Tim Griffith. Two-page spread - $500 Upgrade
Each page includes one image, the photographer’s name, and a web address. There is no additional text or graphics on the page.
How to submit your image
APA photographer members at the Leader or Professional level can log in to your MyAPA account, download the 2024 Sourcebook Guidelines (1.5 MB), and follow the instructions to submit your image to the Sourcebook.
When you submit your image - please keep in mind:
- Each page is one single photograph without any added text.
- Name your image file with your name (for example, smith_john.jpg).
- Save your image as a JPEG in sRGB color space.
- Please proof your receipt - check the spelling of your Name, URL, and Location.
- We did not receive your submission if you do not receive an email confirmation.
Here are answers to frequently asked questions:
- Submission deadline is Monday, November 27, 2023
- To qualify, you must be a Leader or Professional APA photographer member.
- You are expected to be a Leader or Professional APA member when the book is distributed (Mid 2024).
- This is only available to photographers.
- You must own the copyright to the image.
- APA maintains the right not to include any submission for any reason.
- A limited number of books are printed and sent to people who hire photographers.
- We do not send a printed copy of the book to photographers, but anyone can download the PDF.
If you have questions about participating in the Sourcebook, email Juliette Wolf-Robin.
If you would like to view the 2023 Sourcebook, download it here 2023 Sourcebook (18.2 MB)