- American Photographic Artists (APA) exists to provide business tools that help photographic artists of all levels run a smarter, more creative, and profitable business.
- Established in 1981, APA has a strong heritage of providing benefits, which help our members achieve creative and financial success.
- Member benefits come in many forms: partner discounts from Apple, event programming discounts, member pricing on our APA Awards competition, access to members-only content, and much more.
- Additionally, by joining the APA, individual artists join a community which can amplify their voice on the National stage.
- APA is a non-profit organization run by photographers for photographers - we understand the challenges of this industry and advocate on behalf of all our members.
MEMBER LEVELS: Our membership levels are flexible, easy to understand and recognize that each photographer is unique. Review the membership table below find the member level that fits your needs, and sign-up.
AUTO-RENEWAL: For your convenience, all APA Memberships automatically renew. More info on auto-renew is in our Membership FAQs, and in our Membership Terms. Please note that Monthly Payment Plans are billed in 30-day intervals.
YOUR APA CHAPTER: Based upon your address, you will be automatically affiliated with one of our nine chapters (New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago, Atlanta, Charlotte NC, Washington DC, or Seattle / Northwest). The chapter map is here. Anyone can receive Chapter Event Announcements and other Updates from any APA Chapter; please go here to find out more.
It's that simple.
WHEN YOU JOIN APA:
• You will receive a confirmation email shortly after joining (check your spam if you don't receive it). Simply login to access all of your online benefits, and to complete your Hire An APA Pro Portfolio.
• Your APA Member ID Card will automatically arrive within 4-6 weeks after your join or annual auto-renewal date; please make sure your USPS address is current and complete in your Profile.
HIRE AN APA PRO
We are pleased to announce a significant upgrade to our Member locator, which can help you get more work.
IMPORTANT NEW BENEFIT FOR ALL MEMBERS
Hire An APA Pro is commensurate: the higher your member level, the more searchable specialties and portfolio images you are entitled to, and the higher up in the search results you will appear.
LEADER : Ten specialties and ten images. Appear first in search results.
PROFESSIONAL : Eight specialties and eight images. Appear second in search results.
ASSOCIATE : Five specialties and five images. Appear third in search results.
SUPPORTER : Three specialties and three images. Appear fourth in search results.
CONTRIBUTOR : One Specialty and one Image. Appear last in search results.
APA will be proactively promoting Hire An APA Pro to creatives across the country, so it's to your advantage that you take a few minutes now to join APA and then complete your new Hire an APA Pro Profile and Portfolio.
* Not all APA chapters conduct Portfolio Reviews. Please check with individual chapters.
At the Supporter level and above, you can pay for your annual membership in monthly (30-day interval) installments.
Individual memberships are annual and non-transferable.
The option of monthly (30-day interval) payments is designed to make APA membership more accessible; it represents a commitment to a full year's membership. If all payments are not made (e.g., if a credit card expires and is not updated), your membership will be suspended and the option to select monthly payments will not be available to you in the future. Membership assumes a one-year commitment. You may only cancel your monthly or annual payments after one-year. First payments are non refundable.
No refunds are available for membership dues.