Thursday, June 29, 7:00 – 9:00 PM, Social hour at 6:00
LEFTSPACE, 2055 Bryant Street, San Francisco
Your website and book can make or break your career. Even if you have great images, you may be missing out on important jobs because your approach lacks sophistication which leaves potential clients feeling unimpressed.
Scheduled to appear:
Anna Alexander, Director of Photography, WIRED
Kevin Stokes, Creative Director, SPLICE Agency
Diana Courcier, Senior Art Buyer & Print Producer, Duncan Channon
Jessica Shay, Print Producer / Art Buyer, Argonaut
Moderator: Arlene Johnson, Rep / Consultant, ART + REP
In this very special website / portfolio refinement event, our panel of top Creatives will help you understand what works for them, what doesn’t, and why.
• What makes an image strong enough to include on your site, and in your book?
• What’s the ideal way for you to reveal your unique photographic style?
• Why is image order / pagination so important?
• What elements should always be on your website homepage?
• What common mistakes should you avoid with your site?
• What common mistakes should you avoid with your portfolio?
• What are the best formats for portfolios?
Make a great first impression
We’ll also cover essential strategies for the best way to behave during in-person portfolio reviews:
• When you should let your images speak for themselves, and when should you engage in conversation?
• What aspects of your personality should you try to reveal, and which ones could work against your goals?
Meet with more Creatives by first meeting their expectations
No matter where you are in your career, every photographer will benefit from this event because you’ll hear the latest views on website and portfolio design, directly from Creatives who hire photographers. Find out exactly what they expect. Make sure you meet their expectations, and make certain your website and portfolio are memorable, for all the right reasons.
APA Member: $10 in advance or $15 at the door (cash or checks only at the door)
General Admission: $20 in advance or $25 at the door (cash or checks only at door)
Advance ticket sales end at Noon on event day; if this event sells out it will be announced here on our website, otherwise tickets will be available at the door on a first come first serve basis. SPACE IS VERY LIMITED FOR THIS SPECIAL EVENT.
Learn more about the speakers and updates on this event on the APA SF site
Features over 400 pages of imagery from Professional APA photographers
APA and Apple, Inc. are proud to partner together to offer APA members preferred pricing on many Apple products and accessories online. This benefit is...