Are you interested in using drones to enhance your photo business?
Here are five essential tips from aerial photographer Cameron Davidson.
- The FAA has banned the commercial use of drones, however, you can apply for an exemption here.
- You'll want to learn airspace regulations for both drones and aircraft. Sporty's sells a great online course for $15.95, and it's well worth spending the time to learn about airspace.
- Get a flight log and use it for each time you fly. You can purchase a Drone Pilot Log on Amazon.
- Read Randy Jay Braun's book, Aerial Drone Photography.
- Study up on mounting configurations. A GoPro on a Phantom is a good way to start. Better yet, try the DJI Phantom Vision 2+ or 3DRobotics IRIS+ are great starter drones.